Are You Self-Employed and Applying for Health Insurance? Follow These Tips!
According to a survey conducted by Kaiser Family Foundation, employers pay around 74% of a family’s health insurance plan while the employee shoulders the remaining 26% Self-employed workers, on the other hand, bear the full cost of health insurance plans. This makes having health insurance coverage difficult to afford for self-employed business owners, especially since…Read More
What Is Deductible and How Does It Work?
Deductibles refer to a predetermined amount you have to pay out of your own pocket for medical services before your insurance begins to pay. To truly understand what a deductible is, we have to introduce a couple of other terms. First, there’s copayment. Copayment is the amount you have to pay based on your insurance…Read More
How Does An ‘Out Of Pocket Cost’ Work?
A key defense against financially harming situations brought on by high medical expenses is health insurance. Although having health insurance reduces your financial exposure, it doesn’t mean that you won’t have to pay anything for the medical services you receive. You will still be liable for some costs related to your care, regardless of your…Read More
3 Important Things to Know About Open Enrollment
If you’re looking for an opportunity to get a healthcare plan through the state of Minnesota’s health insurance marketplace (MNsure) – especially if your current plan isn’t a good fit for you anymore, then Open Enrollment is your window for action! What is Open Enrollment? The Open Enrollment period (OEP) refers to the annual opportunity…Read More
How to prepare for your visit with Briva Health
Applying for health insurance can become overwhelming quickly. There are a variety of factors that can impact eligibility, and how you respond to questions on the application can affect your eligibility and enrollment status. Our Navigators are able to assist you in a variety of ways to ensure your enrollment is successful and kept up…Read More
Reporting Changes with MNsure
One of the biggest benefits of using a navigator service is the assistance you receive when calling to report changes. Often times when calling to report changes there are various phone trees and prompts, different departments to be transferred to, or long wait times. Navigators are experts on knowing when and how to call into…Read More
MNsure Programs – Medical Assistance, MinnesotaCare, and Qualified Health Plans
MNsure is the umbrella term for the health insurance marketplace in the state of Minnesota. There are three main programs under MNsure: Medical Assistance (MA) MinnesotaCare (MNcare) Qualified health plans (QHP or private plans) Eligibility for each program is primarily based on the applicant’s household and income information. Medical Assistance No monthly premium for the…Read More
The Basics: What to know before starting the MNsure application?
Navigators can assist with ensuring you have the correct information listed on your application, help you find your case status within minutes of submitting the application, and help with all follow-up steps including getting cases approved, reporting changes, and helping answer your questions about your program. Before starting the application, we will need to cover…Read More
The Affordable Care Act Explained
Most likely, you’ve heard of the Affordable Care Act, also known as ObamaCare or the ACA. But what is it really, and how does it affect you? Summed up, the Affordable Care Act was a law passed in 2010 by the Obama administration in an attempt to ensure all Americans have access to affordable health…Read More
What is MinnesotaCare?
MinnesotaCare is a state run health program for low income minnesotans, its income limits are higher than Medical Assistance. The program is paid for by a tax on hospitals, health care providers, Basic Health program funding, and premiums from enrollees. The health plans available for MinnesotaCare enrollees vary from one county to another. However, most…Read More