Don’t Lose Your Healthcare Coverage: Navigating Resumption of Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare Renewals in 2023
Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare are two programs that provide healthcare coverage to low-income individuals and families in Minnesota. Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, all Minnesotans with Medical Assistance and MInnesotaCare had received continuous coverage for the past three years. This means that the annual renewal process was temporarily suspended. However, as the public health emergency ended, the annual renewals will begin again in 2023.
If you are currently enrolled in Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare, it is important to understand the renewal process to ensure that you do not lose your coverage. Here are some key things you need to know:
- Check your contact information: Make sure that your county has your most current and up-to-date address and any other contact information. This will ensure that you receive your renewal packet in the mail on time.
- Look out for your renewal packet: Your renewal packet will be sent to you via mail. These forms need to be reviewed, completed, and returned within 45 days. A specific due date will be clearly marked on your individual renewal packet.
- Include all required verifications: You will need to provide verifications along with your renewal packet. The most common verifications include proof of income for all working household members.
- Renewals based on anniversary month: Renewals for Medical Assistance enrollees take place based on the anniversary month of the application. As a result, Minnesota has monthly Medical Assistance renewals. You will be receiving your renewal packet six to eight weeks before your renewal month, which will be the anniversary month of your most recent application. If you are enrolled on MinnesotaCare, renewals will begin in October, 2023.
- Assistance available at Briva: If you need help with your renewal paperwork, there are resources available to you. Briva Health has a team of certified MNsure navigators that can help you complete and submit your forms to your county. Our navigators have extensive expertise and can answer questions to help you understand your notice. We speak more than six languages with additional interpreters available, so we can provide you the same high-quality assistance in your preferred language.
At Briva Health, our team of navigators is available to assist all Minnesotans regardless of their geographic location. We provide same-day service in-person and over the phone, or you can schedule an appointment through our website. You can walk into any of our Minneapolis or St. Cloud locations or give us a call at 612-844-0710 or 855-566-7873.
So remember, the renewal process for Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare will begin again in 2023. It is important to understand the renewal process and to make sure that you complete and submit your renewal packet on time with all required verifications. If you need help with your renewal paperwork, resources are available to you. Contact Briva Health to speak with a certified MNsure navigator who can help you through the renewal process and answer any questions you may have.