What Documents Do I Need to Bring to an Appointment?
In order for us to help you apply through MNsure, you’ll need to provide some information about you and your household, including income, any health coverage you currently have, and some additional documentation. The list below includes all the items you will need to bring to your appointment with a Briva Health navigator.
- Social Security number for each person applying
- Date of birth for every member within the household (not just those applying)
- Driver’s license, Tribal ID or other government-issued ID
- For non-citizens, Green Card or other immigration documents
- Last year’s tax forms (1040EZ or page 1 of 1040) for each person applying
- The two most recent pay stubs for each person applying
- Documents for other sources of income (social security, unemployment, self-employment, etc.) for each person applying
- W2 form or Employer Tax ID Number (EIN) for each person applying
- Employer’s address and contact information for each person applying
- Information about any employer-sponsored health insurance (ESI) available to each person applying. Have the employer fill out this form. (Read more about ESI.)
- If you currently have health insurance, know whether it meets minimum essential coverage (MEC) affordability standard. Have the employer fill out this form. (Read more about MEC.)
The Affordable Care Act application requirements include most of the same documents as MNSure. The full list of materials required for an ACA application can be found here.
Have questions or need help with the documents required for your appointment? Give us a call. We can help determine what documentation you need to bring.