Briva Health: What We Do
At Briva Health, we provide a variety of services, but primarily focus on helping Minnesotans get access to affordable health insurance through the MNsure marketplace. We assist individuals by helping them sign up for and enroll in health insurance. We want to make the enrollment process as straightforward and clear as possible so that you can be confident in the plan you choose. We also help to resolve issues and answer questions regarding health coverage once the application has been submitted. In order to assist individuals with their health coverage, we have over 15 certified navigators that speak seven languages in the Twin Cities Metro and St. Cloud metro areas. Briva Health is MNsure’s largest assiter and enrollment partner, and in 2018 alone, we proudly served 20,000+ Minnesotans.
Services Briva Health Provides
The MNsure marketplace includes private plans as well as Minnesota’s public insurance programs, MNcare and Medical Assistance. Therefore, almost anyone who is not eligible for insurance through an employer is eligible to sign up through MNsure.You can learn more about eligibility by clicking here. If you believe you are eligible for one of these plans, or currently enrolled, we can help you with the following services:
- Explain various options, price packages, and benefits available through MNsure.
- Assist in determining eligibility for coverage and where you fit on the sliding scale of subsidies and tax credits.
- Explore any free or low-cost programs for which you may qualify.
- Provide referrals to alternative medical care coverage, when appropriate.
- Offer enrollment assistance to ensure that you sign up for the health care package that is the best fit for your family’s needs.
- Guide you through the appeals and exemptions process.
- Provide year-round assistance if you need help, have questions, or would like additional information.
- Provide multilingual enrollment services in English, Spanish, Somali, and 4 other languages
Making an Appointment
In order to better serve you, Briva Health offers in-person and over the phone appointments as well as walk-ins at our locations within the Twin Cities Metro and St. Cloud area. During your appointment with us, you will need to have the following documents present:
- Social Security number for each person applying
- Date of birth for every member within the household (not just those applying)
- Driver’s license, Tribal ID or other government-issued ID
- For non-citizens, Green Card or other immigration documents
- Last year’s tax forms (1040EZ or page 1 of 1040) for each person applying
- The two most recent pay stubs for each person applying
- Documents for other sources of income (social security, unemployment, self-employment, etc.) for each person applying
- W2 form or Employer Tax ID Number (EIN) for each person applying
- Employer’s address and contact information for each person applying
- Information about any employer-sponsored health insurance (ESI) available to each person applying. Have the employer fill out this form. (Read more about ESI.)
- If you currently have health insurance, know whether it meets minimum essential coverage (MEC) affordability standard. Have the employer fill out this form. (Read more about MEC.)
An appointment with a Briva navigator may take anywhere from 20 minutes to 1 hour depending on how complicated your case is. For a family of two or more, it can take 30 minutes to an hour. If your appointment is over the phone, we will need you to have access to a computer so that we can assist you remotely. We allocate an hour for all of our appointments. Have questions or need help with the documents required for your appointment? Give Briva Health a call. We can help determine what documentation you need to bring. 1-855-566-7873 or brivahealth.com.